Dixon Traditional D Whistle
Dixon Trad D Whistle Tuneable ABS head with a brass body, for a lovely mellow tone. A new model from celebrated English maker Tony Dixon, this excellent but affordable high D whistle is a great next step from any of the cheaper makes, and also makes a brilliant first whistle. It has a loud, clear tone compared to cheaper whistles, and is easy to play. The whistle has a brass body, with a straight bore, with a tuneable ABS (plastic moulded) head, and has a lovely traditional mellow sound. At this price, it's an absolute winner! Whistle Advice The whistle is a diatonic instrument with simple fingering, and it's very easy to learn to play - easier than the recorder. Whistles generally play two octaves, and you can easily play in two keys on any whistle, for example on a D whistle you can play in D and G. Because many tunes go down below the key note, you will often find that the tune is easier to play in G than D on a D whistle, because D is the lowest note. This means you should also consider the alternative key of the whistle when choosing the key. C goes to F, A to D which is useful, F to Bb, G to C and so on.
- Dixon trad d whistle - tuneable abs head with a brass body, for a lovely mellow tone.
- Made by tony dixon woodwind - a really good range of british made plastic flutes and whistles
- Very poular whistles, designed and made in england
- Great mellow sound and great quality
- Lightweight brass body with a tuneable plastic head
We Also Recommend