Clarke 2015 Model Silver Meg Irish Tin Penny Whistle in D with Leather Pouch
In 1843 Robert Clarke invented the Tinwhistle. The first ones that he manufactured were called Megs. This is the Meg Clarke Tin Whistle in the key of D Meg is the Victorian word for a halfpenny and that is precisely what Robert's Tinwhistle cost to buy. Sadly inflation means they now cost a little more, but they are still very good value and sound very good for the price. The tonal characteristics achieve the feel and quality of the famous Clarke sound.
- The introduction of the MEG is a result of combining the design of our popular Sweetone range with budget raw materials and modified production process.
- The tone of the Clarke tin whistle is clear and flute-like, but it is also described as "crisp and responsive" by Bill Ochs
- Made by Clarke Whistles - The original and still hugely popular
- INCLUDES Whistle in the Key of D and LEATHER POUCH
- The tonal characteristics, although slightly different from those of the Sweetone, still achieve the feel and quality of the famous Clarke sound.
We Also Recommend